Open to all women, The Briarcliff Congregational Church Women’s Society meets on the second Thursday of each month (sometimes Saturdays) and offers the opportunity for fellowship and service. Meetings include: a craft workshop, an annual book share meeting, a Christmas Luncheon, a spring trip, and speakers from organizations that we support or would like to learn more about.
Women’s Society activities support the church throughout the year and at the holidays. The Women’s Society is responsible for:
- ordering flowers weekly and during the holidays
- baking and delivering cookies at Christmastime
- the greening of the sanctuary on the first Friday in December
- maintaining displays of plants at the entrance to the Eastman Room and the Sanctuary
- lead and organize the church’s annual “Rummage Sale”
Also, our prayer shawl ministry, which provides hand-crafted prayer shawls throughout the year, helps us to bring comfort to members and friends in times of need.